« Home | Building it right » | Construction Resumes! » | Looking Back on 2010 » | Forward in Health Capital Campaign » | Delay in Construction » | 3 Week Senior Project in Haiti » | Construction to Resume! » | Forward in Health wine is s... » | FIH provides oppotunity to help with construction » | FIH Benefit Raffle! » 

Friday, March 18, 2011 

Hal in Haiti

Hal Seifert from Lopez Island, Washington has volunteered to spend the next 6 months in Haiti working for Forward in Health. He is in charge of construction of the clinic. All of his expenses are being paid for by Spirit of Hope based in Worcester, Ma. (spiritofhopehaiti.org) The following is from his blog Hal in Haiti (http://halinhaiti.blogspot.com).

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Post Paula and Pam

My support team is back in the states now, but I'm not alone. It seems people living in 3rd or 4th world countries stick together and help each other out. The place where I'm staying, ESPWA, have been very helpful. My right hand man here, Evens, is an excellent companion. We walked around Les Ceyes yesterday, stopping in at the bank, motorcycle shop, and his house. The motorcycles won't be here for a week, wink, wink. We'll see. His mother is very nice and family is friendly. I'm still taking baby steps with Creole.

This trip feels very different, it's like I'm more connected to the people without trying as hard. With 800 kids around it's not hard to interact with them. The weather is warm and sunny, but not stifling hot. I'm going out to the clinic site later today, then we'll see how I feel about the heat. I'm going to meet the man who has overseen things so far and the crew, to go over the particulars of this project. This time around I'm hoping things will be different. We have an excellent architect and a team of engineers to answer to. The first order of business will be undo, how shall I say it, less than exceptable work. But we'll do our subtraction and get on with our addition. Hopefully this time next week we'll be on our way. Alrighty then, until later, Halhttps://facebook.com